OUR CLEAN SPORT COMMITMENT & STATEMENT
All sporting participants have the right to compete in Clean Sport.
Newcastle University Boat Club strongly advocates clean sport and abides by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) rules and regulations to protect the integrity of our sport
To this end NUBC commits to support Clean Sport in the UK in the following ways:
- NUBC supports the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving Clean Sport.
- All athletes are expected to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
- All coaches and athlete support personnel are expected to perform their role in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
- NUBC is committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies
- Employed and associated ‘staff’ will not condone, assist or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in any aspects of their work.
- Breaches of this, or any rules/policies referred to in [insert name of organisation] own code of practice/conduct will be acted upon accordingly.
- All employed and associated staff will be expected to contact UK Anti-Doping should they become aware of an athlete or NGB member using or considering the usage of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact should be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential Report Doping in Sport line.
- NUBC will uphold any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UK Anti-Doping or other associated body in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code.